Jennifer R. Olson
Before receiving her Juris Doctorate degree, Jennifer received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing and worked for two years as a Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse. Her background in Nursing has proven invaluable to her litigation of wrongful death and personal injury cases, which collectively constitute half her practice. Jennifer devotes the other half of her practice to defending individuals and businesses in cases involving fires and explosions, complex residential and commercial construction defect, environmental pollution, bacterial exposure, subrogation, products liability, consumer fraud, employment, and discrimination. She has also analyzed a wide variety of insurance coverage issues, ranging from construction cases and occupational accidents to sexual abuse and other intentional torts.
In her 16-years of practice, Jennifer has litigated hundreds of cases, argued countless motions for summary judgment, and successfully argued at the Minnesota Court of Appeals. Though she is a competitive and zealous advocate, Jennifer is known for her professionalism, her dignified treatment of her adversaries, and never allowing ego to interfere with her client’s best interests.
- Jennifer has represented general contractors and subcontractors in hundreds of residential and commercial construction cases involving defective construction and water intrusion. She has successfully obtained summary judgment for several of these clients. Most recently, she obtained summary judgment in favor of a general contractor in a catastrophic personal injury case and for a stucco subcontractor in a multi-million dollar condominium case.
- Jennifer has defended manufacturers and installers in a number of fire and flood subrogation cases with products ranging from industrial ovens to sprinkler and plumbing systems.
- She has counseled insurers on a wide range of coverage matters, from daycare abuse to construction.
- Jennifer’s personal injury cases have included underinsured motorist claims, premises liability claims, and product liability matters involving medical supplies and equipment.
- University of North Dakota, J.D., 2001
- College of St. Benedict, B.S.N., 1996
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Environmental and Pollution Law
- General Liability and Civil Litigation
- Insurance Coverage and Litigation
- Managed Care Litigation
- Professional Liability (Architects & Engineers)
- Toxic Torts
Awards and Honors:
- Named a Rising Star by Minnesota Law & Politics 5 times.
- Named to the Super Lawyers List in 2023