Steven J. Sheridan
Steve has extensive and diverse trial experience. He has successfully taken cases to verdict involving construction disputes, product liability claims, professional liability claims, personal injuries, insurance coverage, commercial transactions, and other matters. He has handled cases in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Michigan, Montana, and Alaska.
Steve graduated magna cum laude (top 5%) from St. John’s University, earning his Bachelor of Arts in Government in 1992. He graduated in the Order of St. Ives (top 5%) from the University of Denver, earning his Juris doctorate in 1995.
Minnesota Law & Politics has included Steve in the Rising Stars® list in the legal profession numerous times. Steve has achieved the highest possible Martindale Hubbell rating for legal ability and adherence to ethical standards.
- Steve has handled major complex insurance coverage litigation involving claims of up to $300 million.
- He has handled hundreds of construction defect claims involving residential and commercial buildings.
- Steve has defended serious personal injury and wrongful death claims; he has obtained numerous personal injury defense verdicts.
- He has obtained defense verdicts in complex product liability litigation.
- Steve has obtained favorable results in dozens of arbitration proceedings in personal injury, construction, and professional liability.
- He has successfully handled complex business litigation.
- He has successfully handled significant professional liability claims.
- University of Denver, J.D., Order of St. Ives, 1995
- St. John’s University, B.A. (Government), magna cum laude, 1992
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, North Dakota, Western District
- 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
- 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
- Antitrust Law
- Aviation Law
- Business Litigation
- Catastrophic Loss
- Class Actions
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Employment Litigation
- Environmental and Pollution Law
- General Liability and Civil Litigation
- Insurance Coverage and Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Managed Care Litigation
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Toxic Torts
- Wrongful Death
Awards and Honors:
- AV peer rated by Martindale Hubbell® (the highest rating available)
- Top Rated Lawyer in Insurance Law selected by American Lawyer Media
- Minnesota Top Rated Lawyer selected by American Lawyer Media
- Top Rated Lawyer in Construction Law selected by American Lawyer Media
- Top Rated Lawyer in Appellate Law selected by American Lawyer Media