Tyler S. Carlson
Tyler focuses his practice in the areas of construction law and general civil litigation. He has worked with nationwide companies, local businesses, and individuals. He has successfully represented clients in mediation, state, federal, and tribal courts, and at the appellate level.
He earned his J.D. at the University of North Dakota School of Law. While at the University of North Dakota, Tyler served as member of the Moot Court Board. He was also elected to the Order of the Coif for his academic achievements.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing claims for fraud, deceit, negligence, and wrongful death against a North Dakota county and a North Dakota drug task force.
- Successfully enforced employee dispute resolution program against heirs and estate of decedent, disposing of their wrongful death claim in North Dakota federal district court.
- Obtained dismissal on the pleadings in a North Dakota federal district court case alleging fraud and civil conspiracy against a company involved in the negotiation of easements for a multistate oil pipeline.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing claims of professional negligence against an engineer in a case involving a North Dakota county road construction project.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a snow removal company in a Minnesota slip-and-fall case.
- Argued four cases before North Dakota Supreme Court.
- Represented general contractors and subcontractors in complex construction defect suits.
- University of North Dakota, J.D., 2011
- North Dakota State University, B.S., 2008
- North Dakota
- Commercial Litigation
- General Liability & Civil Litigation
- Construction law
- Business Litigation